Does this ever happen to you?
You turn on the shower and wait for the water to heat up. But then the phone rings, or you stop a fight between the kids, or run to grab a towel from the laundry, or......
Meanwhile the hot water has been running for several minutes. Water, energy used to heat the water, and money down the drain.
This heat activated valve reduces the water flow to a trickle when it reaches bathing temperature (95° F / 35° C). This prevents your hot water from running down the drain before you're ready to get in the shower. Not only have you eliminated the water and energy waste, but the sound of the trickle tells you that your shower’s ready. The water for your shower is now warm and waiting instead of warm and wasted. Turn the valve on the Shower Head, the water flow will resume, and enjoy your shower. After each shower the ShowerStart Ladybug device will automatically reset.
This device has solid brass fittings and will attach to any shower arm with industry standard 1/2“ fittings.
Please note that this product is not suitable for use with tankless water heaters.
View All Shower Flow Control Valves
- Stop Mode - triggered when water reaches 95 degrees F.
- Simply toggle the switch to bring water to a full flow again when you enter the shower.
- Automatically resets after each shower.
- Works with most Shower Heads - simply unscrew your Shower Head, screw the ShowerStart to the arm and then the Shower Head onto the other side.
- Simple 5 minute installation.
- Integrated filter and anti-lime protection.